29 October 2007

FIGURATIVE PAINTING GREGORY PACKARD

I aim to paint landscape painting with loose impressionistic brush strokes. Greenhouse Gallery Newsletter recently published paintings by Gregory Packard and it was interesting for me to see his nude painting using the same stylistic approach.
GREEN HOUSE GALLERY - GREGORY PACKARD


Loose rough brushstrokes where all detail is left to the creative imagination of the viewer. The painting seems to demand interaction with the viewers mind.

I may explore this approach for my own paintings.

What do you think?

Detail

Detail

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is terrific Bob, I love it, so simple, effective with economy of brushstrokes! Brian

15 March, 2008 22:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry Bob, thought this was one of yours! Brian

15 March, 2008 22:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home